SO I just started using Chat GPT a few days ago. I was skeptical at first, you probably are too.
Being a teacher, a subject matter expert and a corporate trainer, I was initially worried how Chat GPT would be used to share knowledge without a human involved to provide context.
After playing around with the tool for a few days, I am now convinced that for entrepreneurs and small business owners who create content for their chose audience.
In fact what we found was game-changing. Below you will see the outline for a course, or a book, or a series of videos.. all planned out in a matter of seconds. Chat GPT is not just hype. It is not just a flash in the pan. People who master it or have their VA master it will simply be better, stronger, faster and more consistent then those that do not.
Here is an example of how it works. I had a Virtual Assistant ask the Chat GPT tool to answer some basic questions about E-mail Marketing. Here is how that went.
How effective is e-mail marketing to small business clients?
Email marketing can be very effective for small business clients if executed properly. Here are some benefits of email marketing for small businesses:
- Cost-effective: Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing available to small businesses. It is much cheaper than traditional marketing methods such as direct mail or print advertising.
- High reach: Emails can reach a large number of people in a short amount of time, making it an efficient way to reach out to a large audience.
- Measurable: Email marketing provides measurable results, allowing small businesses to track the success of their campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
- Personalization: Email marketing allows for highly targeted and personalized communication, which can be more engaging for the recipient and increase conversion rates.
- Repeat business: Regular email communication helps build customer loyalty and can lead to repeat business from existing customers.
However, email marketing can be ineffective if it is not executed properly. It’s important to have a clear strategy and follow best practices, such as segmenting your email list and using a responsive email design, to ensure maximum effectiveness.
How often should I e-mail clients?
It depends on the nature of your relationship with the client, the type of communication and their preferences. In general, it’s best to communicate with clients as frequently as needed to keep them informed and up-to-date, but not so frequently as to become a nuisance.
A good rule of thumb is to communicate with clients at least once a week, or more if there is pressing information to share. It is important to respect their communication preferences and to allow them to opt out of communications if they wish to do so.
What are the best e-mail subject lines to get attention from my clients?
The best email subject lines are ones that are clear, concise, and relevant to the recipient. Here are a few tips for creating attention-grabbing email subject lines:
- Be specific: Use specific details about the content of the email to give the recipient a reason to open it.
- Ask a question: A subject line that poses a question can be more compelling than a simple statement.
- Use urgency: Create a sense of urgency by using words like “limited time” or “last chance”.
- Personalize: Use the recipient’s name or another personalized detail to make the email feel more relevant.
- Keep it short: Aim for subject lines that are no more than 50 characters long, so they can be fully read on most devices.
Example subject lines:
- [Client Name], Have you seen our latest offer?
- [Urgent] [Client Name], action required on your account
- [Client Name], don’t miss out on our exclusive event
- [Client Name], a quick update on our recent success
Remember that the goal of the subject line is to entice the recipient to open the email and engage with its content.
Boom! There you go. We started @ 11:33 with the 3 questions. We hit publish @ 11:58. This blog post was produced in 25 minutes with the help of Chat GPT.
Mr. Dan Meyer is the President & Founder of Sonic VA, a virtual staffing agency which specializes in matching Filipino Virtual Assistants with American Small & Medium Business clients. Mr. Meyer holds a master’s degree in Education, has over 25 years of business process outsourcing experience and has been a leader in the virtual assistant industry since 2011.
Dan is also an accomplished public speaker and corporate trainer who has personally trained over 10,000 Filipinos in areas such as virtual assistance, data analytics, business process outsourcing and social media marketing & management. Dan’s passion is upskilling the youth with 21st Century skills like graphic design, video editing, & data analytics to empower them for the dynamic job opportunities that lay ahead for millions of Filipinos.