For most of us Entrepreneurs, Lead Generation is simply the process of attracting and converting potential customers as the first step towards growth and sustainability
However, I would argue that Lead Gen is THE most crucial task for any business, as it brings in potential clients or customers. It has to be cost-effective, producing a quick and clear return on investments and it has to be consistent.
Entrepreneurs, especially those running startups or small businesses, often have a multitude of tasks to juggle. Delegating lead generation to a virtual assistant (VA) is often one of the first tasks that gets outsourced.
Interested in getting a Sonic VA to work on your Lead Gen? Sign up here: https://forms.gle/LjnNeB6yTHw3Tntq8
There are pros and cons to delegating Lead Gen. Ones that can be beneficial include:
1. Focus on Core Competencies: Entrepreneurs are typically visionaries with unique skills and ideas that drive their businesses forward. By delegating the repetitive and time-consuming task of Lead Gen to a VA, entrepreneurs can focus on their core competencies. This means they can spend more time on strategic planning, product development, building relationships, and other high-level tasks that only they can do best.
2. Cost-Effectiveness: Hiring a full-time employee solely for Lead Gen can be costly, considering the salary, benefits, and overheads like office space and equipment. On the other hand, a Virtual Assistant typically works on a contract basis, often remotely, which can be more cost-effective. Furthermore, VAs are adaptable and can adjust their hours based on the needs of the business, ensuring that the entrepreneur only pays for the work done.
3. Scalability and Flexibility: As a business grows, its Lead Gen needs might change or increase. Virtual Assistants offer flexibility, as they can scale their efforts up or down based on demand. Moreover, if the entrepreneur wants to explore different Lead Gen strategies or tools, VAs can be tasked with this research and experimentation, allowing the business to stay agile and responsive to market demands.
I have used VAs extensively for my businesses for over a decade and am a big proponent of the practice. I have also matched hundreds of VAs with small business owner clients over the years to assist with Lead Gen. It works because it really does free us up to do what we do bet, keeps costs down and allows us to be flexible as our business evolves.
However, it is not as easy as assigning a VA to Lead Gen and sitting back and just let them fill up your calendar or your sales funnel. It takes the right kind of VA, within the right system and with the right oversight to really make a difference.
I have unfortunately seen a fair number of efforts go sideways as the VA was not given specific directions, regular feedback and getting away from the initial focus. Here are couple of reason to consider not delegating 100% of your Lead Gen to a VA are:
1. Limited Strategic Insight: While VAs are skilled in executing tasks, they may lack the in-depth understanding of the company’s vision, values, and long-term goals, which are crucial for developing and refining a holistic Lead Gen strategy.
2. Dependency Risks: Relying solely on a VA for Lead Gen creates a single point of failure; any unexpected disruptions, such as the VA’s unavailability or departure, can severely impact the continuous flow of potential clients and the business’s momentum.
Given that Lead Gen is vital for business growth, it’s a task that can be effectively outsourced as a general rule. By leveraging the skills of a virtual assistant, entrepreneurs can ensure a steady influx of potential clients while optimizing their own time and the company’s resources. However, in my experience, business owners need to remain engaged with the Lead Gen process though routine check-ins and reviews of the VA’s process and results.
This is one of the primary reason I set up Sonic VA. To not only help me in my Lead Gen, but to be able to offer it as service.
For Filipino VAs Sign Up Here: https://forms.gle/xWqPgUVQPKKpfBC38
Mr. Dan Meyer is the President & Founder of Sonic VA, a virtual staffing agency which specializes in matching Filipino Virtual Assistants with American Small & Medium Business clients. Mr. Meyer holds a master’s degree in Education, has over 25 years of business process outsourcing experience and has been a leader in the virtual assistant industry since 2011.
Dan is also an accomplished public speaker and corporate trainer who has personally trained over 10,000 Filipinos in areas such as virtual assistance, data analytics, business process outsourcing and social media marketing & management. Dan’s passion is upskilling the youth with 21st Century skills like graphic design, video editing, & data analytics to empower them for the dynamic job opportunities that lay ahead for millions of Filipinos.